SCREENDANCE & VIDEO WORKSHOP
Dancers move, as well does the camera
From initial idea, to conceptualization, to rehearsal/preparation, to shooting, to final editing, this course will take the participants through the different production phases of a short dance film.
The participants will be introduced to specific approaches and techniques of contemporary dance and choreographic thinking with a focus on dance for the camera.
The workshop promotes
- the understanding/practice of the relationship between the body, its surrounding and the camera.
- collaborative team work practice
- research and development of a visual language
- working on visual composition
- video production (concept, preparation, production, post production)
- learning by doing
For professionals dancers and/or artists interested in the interaction between the moving body and the camera. The workshop can be adapted to different of time frames, thematics and contexts.
RAMALLAH CONTEMPORARY DANCE FESTIVAL